Helpful Links and Other Information
The 40et8 National Website
Grande du Michigan
American Legion Dept. of Michigan
Sons of The American Legion Michigan
American Legion National Website
American Legion YouTube Channel
Sons of The American Legion National Website
American Legion Auxiliary National Website
Request a DD214
Supportive Services For Veteran Families
Home Buying Resources for Veterans
The US Department of Veteran Affairs
- Health Benefits
- www.va.gov/healthbenefits Start here to learn what VA health benefits you are eligible for and apply for care.
- Helpful Phone Numbers
- Health Benefits: 877-222-VETS (8387) Other VA Benefits: 800-827-1000 Homeless Services: 877-424-3838
- Compensated Work Therapy
- www.cwt.va.gov A vocational rehabilitation program to match and support work-ready veterans in competitive jobs.
- Disease Prevention
- www.prevention.va.gov Advocating for health promotion, disease prevention, and health education for our nation’s Veterans.
- Geriatrics & Extended Care
- www.va.gov/geriatrics Geriatric and extended care services for Veterans including non-institutional and institutional options.
- Homeless Services
- www.va.gov/homeless To end Veteran homelessness within the next five years, VA offers a variety of resources, programs, and benefits to assist Veterans who are homeless.
- Mental Health
- www.mentalhealth.va.gov Maintaining and improving the health and well-being of Veterans through excellence in health care, social services, education, and research.
- www.myhealth.va.gov Anywhere, anytime Internet access to VA health care information and services.
- National Center for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- www.ptsd.va.gov VA’s center of excellence for research and education on the prevention, understanding, and treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder.
- Readjustment Counseling (Vet Centers)
- www.vetcenter.va.gov Offers services to Veterans and their families to aid their successful transition from military to civilian life.
- Rural Health
- www.ruralhealth.va.gov Improving access and quality of care for Veterans living in rural areas.
- Substance Abuse Programs
- www.mentalhealth.va.gov/substanceabuse.asp Treatments addressing problems related to substance use, from unhealthy use of alcohol to life-threatening addictions.
- Veterans Crisis Line
- veteranscrisisline.net The Veterans Crisis Line (Dial 1-800-273-8255 and press 1) is a toll-free, confidential phone support line that connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring VA responders.
- Women Veterans Health Care
- www.womenshealth.va.gov Implementing positive changes in providing care for all women Veterans.